For tourists who are visiting Bird Rock Vista Point for the first time, there are several hiking trails to explore. The trails range in difficulty from easy to moderate, so there is something for everyone.Here is a suggested hiking route for visitors:
- Start at the parking lot near the entrance of the park
- Take the paved trail to the left and follow it along the coast.
- Continue on the paved trail until you reach the wooden staircase leading down to the beach.
- Descend the staircase and walk along the beach, enjoying the views of the rock formations and the Pacific Ocean.
- After walking along the beach, climb back up the staircase and return to the paved trail.
- Continue on the paved trail until you reach the Bird Rock Overlook.
- Take in the stunning views of the ocean and the rock formations from the overlook.
- From the overlook, take the trail to the right and follow it back to the parking lot.
This hiking route covers approximately 1.5 miles and takes about 45 minutes to an hour to complete, depending on your pace. Along the way, you will see diverse wildlife such as pelicans, sea lions, and various bird species.